Monday, September 14, 2009

The Struggle of Forgiveness

A behavior change that I would like to take into affect is one that I've had issues with my whole entire life. This behavior has gone so far that it has caused me to ruin friendships with best friends, miss out on life-changing opportunities, and it has caused me a great amount of stress. I have recently thought about how much this behavior has impacted my life and I have decided that I am ready to give it up. I can't continue to live my life like this and I am willing to do anything to get rid of this habit that I have of holding grudges against those who I feel take me for granted or try to hurt me in any type of way. I am willing to accept the fact that everyone makes mistakes and I am willing to learn to forgive others. People say that the first step to overcoming a problem is to admit that you have one. Therefore, I am going to do just that and I am going to work on my behavior change starting now.


I am going to maintain this plan by learning to live and forgive. By doing this, I won't have to worry about the emotional distress of holding grudges against my friends, family, and loved ones. It would help me to develop a greater relationship with others. It could possibly help to further my career. It would help me to mature to become a responsible, generous, optimistic person. I am going to stop worrying about getting revenge when I feel that someone has done something wrong to me. I am willing to forgive from the heart. I am going to start putting those things that happened three and four years ago in the past. I am willing to start over now. It is not going to be easy; however, I am willing to give it a try.



This behavior has been bothering me for a very long time and I am now ready to overcome it. I am willing to overcome any barriers that get into my way. This behavior has taken over my life. Jesus forgives me for my sins, but why is it so hard for me to forgive others? That is the question that I ask myself all of the time. I am going to give it my all. I really want to climb this brick wall that is blocking my path. I am going to do it.


"It is time for a change"- President, Barack Obama

No comments: