Friday, January 30, 2009

It Takes A Village

One of my favorite books is, "It Takes A Village to Raise a Child." In the book, it discusses the importance of parents working together to raise their children. Furthermore, it discusses the impact that a community can have on a child's life. Due to the hard work of a community, a child can grow to be wise and successful. The main point is that, when we work together as a team, we can get the job done more faster and efficiently; rather than working alone. This passed week has caused me to reflect back on this book.

This passed week, we had a snow storm that had caused cars to get stuck in snow, tree branches to fall in others' yards, and the sidewalks to become very slick. However, in my community, we have been working as a team to look out for one another. We've helped others' to their cars, moved tree branches from our neighbors yards, and my brother's helped to push several cars that were stuck-out of the snow. People were even getting out of their vehicles to help others push their cars. It was amazing to see the people of my community help one another. The greatest lesson that I was taught through this whole experience was that, "I am my brothers keeper."

No comments: