Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Reason Why I Dislike Police Officers

On my way to church this morning, I saw the scariest thing that I had ever witnessed to seeing in my life. I saw six police officers standing around a man who looked to be about 70 years old, homeless, and black. The man was handcuffed, laying on his stomach-with no coat on, and surrounded by six white police officers. I'm not a racist or anything, but I believe the way that white police officers treat blacks is ridiculous. Every time the man would move his head, a police officer would taser him, kick him, and yell-"Put your face on the ground!" I could not believe what I was seeing, and for a minute, I was hoping and praying that it was all a dream. The man was tasered at least five times. I just didn't understand-the man was lying on the ground, hand-cuffed, and understandably, cold. What was the purpose of him being tasered? This is really bothering me because no one should be treated that way-white, black, Hispanic, no one! I wonder how the police officers would feel if they were outside with a short sleeved shirt on, it is 23 degrees, they are handcuffed, lying on the ground, surrounded by six police officers, and they are being demanded to put their face on the ground. This is a memory that I will never forget and it hurts badly to know that there are people like that in the world who could be this cruel and nasty to someone else.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes someone has come up on a police radio from disbatch or on the computer from NCIC or for Washington WASIC as a very dangerous persion so they have to treat each case as they can safely assure the safety of the present officer then they could worry about the safety of the detainee.

High risk stops, situations, people are present day to day with a police officer *especially if the officers do not know the persion and what they are capible of* i have seen a guy with 6 tazers on his back he ran through 7 wooden fences all newely built then he died of blood loss and he was strung on meth he almost killed 4 police officers that day. I have been on many rides with police officers so im not saying i saw it on cops.

Unknown said...

im cori's brother bye the way and I am a police explorer and the training i went through is i would probably do the same thing if and only if i felt like the safety was not there

I also respect life fully and I respect anyone no matter religion race or anything else.

Police officers never know what is going to happen and what is going to go down till it does police patrol officers have more dangerous jobs then SWAT, DEA,and anyother unit because all the other units know what they are going up ageanst and are fitted perfictly for that event police patrol officers *seen on the street with cars and motercycles as well as bikes but bikes dont run code.

there are still bad cops out there and i will never be one of them doing what is right is not alwase easy